Most of our recipes are easy. Some are a little more demanding: the ones rated medium or advanced. So you might want to allow some extra time.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
Pearl Barley and Eggs
- 200 g pearl barley
- 800 g water
- 1 tsp groundnut oil
- 4 medium eggs
- 2 pinches fine sea salt
- 2 pinches ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 stalk fresh lemon grass, white part only, cut in pieces (1 cm)
- 4 sprigs fresh coriander, cut in pieces
- 120 g shallots, halved
- 5 g fresh root ginger, peeled, cut in round slices (2 mm)
- 15 g groundnut oil
- 200 g carrots, cut in pieces (2 cm)
- 200 g red cabbage, cut in pieces (3 cm)
- 200 g cooked, peeled prawns
- 20 g light soy sauce
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped, for garnishing
- 2 Tbsp dried onion flakes, for garnishing
- ½ cucumber, halved lengthways then thinly sliced, for serving
- 2 tomatoes, cut in wedges, for serving
- sriracha sauce, to taste (optional)
- per 1 portion
- 1750 kJ / 416 kcal
- 22 g
- 52 g
- 12 g