Most of our recipes are easy. Some are a little more demanding: the ones rated medium or advanced. So you might want to allow some extra time.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 4 cooking apples (e.g. Bramley)
- 2 tsp vanilla sugar, homemade
- 4 star anise
- 4 pinches ground ginger
- 4 cloves
- 4 pinches ground cinnamon
- 150 g onions, quartered
- 20 - 30 g fresh root ginger, peeled, cut in round slices (2 mm)
- 1 fresh chilli, deseeded
- 15 g olive oil
- 800 g raw prawns, unpeeled
- 1400 g water
- 40 g rice vinegar
- 30 g fish sauce
- 2 cloves
- 1 star anise
- 3 pinches salt, or to taste
- 3 pinches ground black pepper, or to taste
- 80 g dried Chinese egg noodles
- 2 pinches wakame flakes (optional)
- 100 g fresh bean sprouts
- 15 fresh coriander, leaves only
- per 1 portion
- 1242 kJ / 296 kcal
- 21 g
- 36 g
- 6 g