Please be careful, this recipe is designed for a specific device combination and is not compatible with other machines.
Chawan Mushi (Japanese Savoury Egg Custard)
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 6 eggs
- 800 g water
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp instant dashi powder (see variation)
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 100 g pork mince, broken in pieces (optional)
- 30 g fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced, or any small mushrooms, sliced
- 6 medium raw prawns, peeled
- 30 frozen peas (25 g)
- per 1 portion
- 576 kJ / 138 kcal
- 12 g
- 2 g
- 9 g
- 0.2 g