Common free-from substitutes:
• Milk: prepare homemade plant-based drinks like almond, soy, oat, or coconut milk.
• Butter and cream: try making vegan nut spreads (like almond butter) or substitute with olive oil, solid coconut oil or full-fat coconut cream.
• Cheese and yoghurt: some alternatives include vegan cheeses, nutritional yeast (similar in taste to Parmesan), and vegan yoghurt. Try preparing your own coconut yoghurt or vegan cheeses with Thermomix®!
• Eggs: common substitutes include aquafaba (similar consistency to whisked egg whites but made with chickpea water), apple sauce, mashed banana, or chia seeds.
• Gluten: homemade gluten-free flour blends, white rice flour, homemade gluten-free pasta and home-baked goods.
• Sugar: substitute with honey, maple syrup, coconut sugar, dates, or agave nectar.
Instead of buying pre-packaged store-bought ingredients at the supermarket, prepare homemade basics with your Thermomix®!