This recipe is made specially for Thermomix® TM5 and Thermomix® TM6. Please do not use it for earlier Thermomix® models, as they have different maximum capacities.
Spiced Roast Beef with Sun-dried Tomato Potato Purée and Red Wine Sauce
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 1 Tbsp juniper berries
- 1 Tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 Tbsp black peppercorns
- 1 Tbsp whole allspice berries
- ½ Tbsp coarse sea salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, plus extra for greasing
- 1000 - 1200 g beef topside
Roasting Meat and Purée
- 100 g sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 1000 g floury potatoes, peeled, cut in pieces (2 cm)
- 300 g milk
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 30 g unsalted butter, diced
Red Wine Sauce
- 100 g shallots, halved
- 20 g unsalted butter, diced
- 200 g dry red wine
- 70 g water, plus 1 Tbsp
- 1 - 2 Tbsp redcurrant jelly, to taste
- ½ beef stock cube (for 0.5 l), crumbled
- 1 Tbsp cornflour
- per 1 portion
- 2266 kJ / 540 kcal
- 46 g
- 42 g
- 18 g
Alternative recipesShow all
Beef Wellington with Mashed Potatoes, Steamed Carrots and Madeira Sauce
Chimichurri Pork Fillet with Warm Rice Salad
Piri Piri Chicken with Chopped Vegetable Salad
Roast Lamb with Vegetables and Mint Sauce