This recipe is made specially for Thermomix® TM5 and Thermomix® TM6. Please do not use it for earlier Thermomix® models, as they have different maximum capacities.
Lemon and Kale Pearl Barley Risotto with Parsley and Hazelnut Pesto
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 40 g Parmesan cheese, cut in pieces (2 cm)
- 30 g hazelnuts (see tip)
- 40 g fresh parsley leaves
- 100 g extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- 175 g kale, thick stems removed, cut in pieces (see tip)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 80 g onions, quartered
- 20 g unsalted butter, diced
- 10 g olive oil
- 300 g pearl barley (see tip)
- 2 vegetable stock cubes (for 0.5 l each), crumbled
- 1000 g water, hot
- 30 g lemon juice
- 1 lemon, finely grated zest only
- 40 g blanched hazelnuts, roughly chopped, for serving
- per 1 portion
- 3149 kJ / 756 kcal
- 16 g
- 61 g
- 49 g
Alternative recipesShow all
Asian-style rice with eggs and vegetables
Chicken, Butternut Squash and Toasted Pine Nut Risotto
Huli Huli Chicken with Macaroni Salad
1h 20 min