Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil, plus 10 g and extra as needed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 15 g fresh root ginger, peeled, cut in round slices (2 mm)
- 200 g onions, quartered
- 2 aubergines, large (approx. 500 g), cut in large chunks (3-4 cm)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds, lightly crushed
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- ½ - 1 tsp chilli powder, to taste
- 400 g tinned light coconut milk
- 50 g crunchy peanut butter (see tip)
- 1 Tbsp tamarind paste
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 2 naan breads, large, for serving
- 2 Tbsp fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped, for garnishing
- per 1 portion
- 2167 kJ / 519 kcal
- 13 g
- 48 g
- 29 g