Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 120 g onions, quartered
- 10 g extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 500 g lamb mince, broken in pieces
- 400 g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 160 - 180 g grilled aubergine slices, in oil, drained (1 x 250 g jar), sliced if large
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 4 - 6 wholemeal pitta breads (see tip)
- 150 g feta cheese, crumbled
- per 1 portion
- 2616 kJ / 625 kcal
- 39 g
- 45 g
- 30 g
Alternative recipesShow all
Slow-cooked Chicken in Red Pepper Sauce with Rice
4h 45 min
Slow-cooked Creamy Turkey Stew with Mushrooms
Slow-cooked Lamb Curry with Cucumber Mint Couscous
Slow-cooked Meatballs in Tomato Sauce
3h 40 min