Most of our recipes are easy. Some are a little more demanding: the ones rated medium or advanced. So you might want to allow some extra time.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 10 g olive oil, plus extra for frying
- 12 shallots (round)
- 700 g braising steak, diced (3 cm)
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 piece orange zest (10 cm)
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp plain flour
- 250 g red wine
- 200 g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 100 g fresh portobello mushrooms, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced (2 cm)
- 25 g pitted black olives, halved
- 400 g puff pastry, ready-made (see tip)
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- per 1 portion
- 2076 kJ / 497 kcal
- 33.2 g
- 28.5 g
- 26.2 g