Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- water, for cooking potatoes
- 1 ½ tsp fine sea salt, plus extra to taste
- 160 g Cheddar cheese, cut in pieces (2 cm)
- 40 g unsalted butter, diced
- 25 g plain flour
- 450 g semi-skimmed milk
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper, plus extra to taste
- 750 g waxy potatoes (e.g. Charlotte), peeled, thinly sliced (3-5 mm)
- 300 g tenderstem broccoli, thick stems halved lengthways
- 1 ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 200 g shredded ham hock
- 500 g boiling water
- per 1 portion
- 2345 kJ / 560 kcal
- 33 g
- 43 g
- 27 g
Alternative recipesShow all
Slow-cooked Chicken in Red Pepper Sauce with Rice
4h 45 min
Slow-cooked Creamy Turkey Stew with Mushrooms
Slow-cooked Lamb Curry with Cucumber Mint Couscous
Slow-cooked Meatballs in Tomato Sauce
3h 40 min