Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 60 g soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp chilli sauce, hot, (e.g. Sriracha, see tip)
- 500 g pork fillet, cut in pieces (3 cm), partially frozen
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 cm fresh root ginger, peeled, cut in round slices (2 mm)
- 4 spring onions, white part only, quartered, reserving green fronds for garnishing
- 20 g groundnut oil
- 230 g water chestnuts, tinned, drained
- 2 pinches fine sea salt
- 2 pinches ground white pepper
- ½ tsp vegetable stock paste (see tip)
- 1 Tbsp water
Coconut Rice and Eggs
- 300 g rice
- 400 g coconut milk
- 500 g water
- 4 medium eggs
- 20 g groundnut oil, plus extra for greasing
- 4 sprigs fresh coriander, leaves only, finely chopped for garnishing
- per 1 portion
- 3247 kJ / 773 kcal
- 45 g
- 72 g
- 33 g
- 336 mg
- 5 g