Please be careful, this recipe is designed for a specific device combination and is not compatible with other machines.
Shallot Tarte Tatin
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 100 g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 100 g unsalted butter, diced (1-2 cm) then frozen for 30 minutes
- 40 g water, ice cold
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- 680 g round shallots, unpeeled
- water, boiling, for soaking
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only, plus extra for garnishing
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- 2 pinches ground black pepper
- per 1 slice
- 1842 kJ / 443 kcal
- 5 g
- 33 g
- 31 g
1h 30 min
Roast Red Pepper and Parsley Pesto
Egg Liqueur Crème Brûlée
1h 15 min
Creamy French Dressing
1h 30 min
2h 40 min
Pears in Spiced Red Wine
3h 20 min
Potato and Taleggio Roly-polies with Chive Dip
1h 10 min
Chilli and Apple Jelly
4h 15 min
Smoked Cods Roe Eclairs with Horseradish Cream
1h 55 min