Most of our recipes are easy. Some are a little more demanding: the ones rated medium or advanced. So you might want to allow some extra time.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 1440 g water
- 300 g white short-grain rice (e.g. sushi rice), rinsed and drained
- 60 g Chinese cabbage, cut in pieces (2 cm)
- 100 g onions, cut in thin slices (2 mm)
- 40 g carrot, cut in thin strips (2 mm)
- 4 slices kombu (approx. 2 cm each) (optional)
- 10 - 12 large raw prawns, peeled and deveined (approx. 170 g)
- 300 g fresh clams, shells scrubbed
- 250 g raw squid rings
- 75 g Japanese soy sauce (see tip)
- 60 g sake
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp light sesame oil
- 80 g miso paste (see tip)
- 5 pinches wakame flakes, dried
- 200 g silken tofu, cubed (1.5 cm) (optional)
- per 1 portion
- 2015 kJ / 478 kcal
- 30 g
- 71 g
- 7 g