Please be careful, this recipe is designed for a specific device combination and is not compatible with other machines.
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 250 g mung dal
- 700 g water, plus extra for soaking
- 6 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 40 g ghee
- 70 g onions, quartered
- 15 g fresh root ginger, peeled, cut in round slices (2 mm)
- 1 - 2 fresh green chillies, halved, deseeded, to taste
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp fine sea salt, or to taste
- 1 small handful fresh coriander leaves, chopped, for garnish (approx. 5 g)
- per 1 portion
- 884 kJ / 211 kcal
- 11 g
- 22.7 g
- 8.5 g