Fish Marinades and Sauces
Fish full of flavour
Hot or cold, salty or slightly sweet, as a marinade or an accompaniment, these sauces will perfectly complement any fish dish.
3 classic sauces
Some fish cooked perfectly with Thermomix®, some bread… then round off the plate impeccably with the help of these classics:
• Mayonnaise: there are two schools of thought: those who enjoy it with cold fish and those who are not afraid to serve it with a hot dish.
• Beurre blanc: a white butter sauce which is a must when it comes to fish and shellfish, but is also perfect with steamed potatoes and carrots!
• Tartare sauce: all at once sweet and spicy, completes the top trio of favourite condiments to accompany fish.
As exotic as you dare, the world is your oyster when it comes to ingredients in fish marinades. Passion fruit, lemongrass, soy sauce… all of these flavours will add something uniquely tantalising when cooking your chosen fish recipe. The only golden rule to follow is: time! No more than 30 minutes of marinating, otherwise the fish will become too firm. The more delicate the fish (like hake), the less time it needs to marinate.
• Preparing a warm sauce in your Thermomix®? Take the opportunity to cook your fish in the Varoma at the same time!
• Cold sauces require patience: one night in the refrigerator allows all of their flavours to blend together perfectly.
• Be careful with eggs: egg-based sauces are the most delicate. Be sure to follow our advice in the Cookidoo® recipes to preserve them in the best possible conditions.
• Be daring! This especially applies to your marinades. If you’re just starting out, olive oil is an excellent base. You can then flavour it (with sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, Provençal herbs, etc.) to give your fish some sunshine!