Most of our recipes are easy. Some are a little more demanding: the ones rated medium or advanced. So you might want to allow some extra time.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 200 g red split lentils
- 500 g water
- 120 g Parmesan cheese, cut in pieces (2 cm)
- 400 g aubergines
- 50 g olive oil
- 200 g onions, quartered
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 pepper, green or red, cut in pieces (approx. 150 g)
- 400 g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 120 g red wine
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 - 2 tsp fine sea salt, to taste
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 40 g unsalted butter, diced, plus extra for greasing
- 500 g milk
- 40 g plain flour
- per 1 portion
- 1917 kJ / 458 kcal
- 21 g
- 33 g
- 25 g
Alternative recipesShow all
Sweet Potato and Spinach Curry with Cauliflower Rice
Pollock with Potato and Squash Crust with Chablis Sauce
Lentil, Mushroom and Nut Patties
Mediterranean Pearl Barley Risotto