Please be careful, this recipe is designed for a specific device combination and is not compatible with other machines.
Middle Eastern Aubergine Pies
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 1 tsp dried instant yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 125 g water
- 50 g olive oil, plus 3 Tbsp and extra for greasing
- 250 g strong white bread flour
- 1 Tbsp ras el hanout
- 2 ½ tsp fine sea salt
- 700 - 800 g aubergines, diced (3-4 cm)
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 - 2 preserved lemons, halved, deseeded, to taste
- 1 garlic clove
- 10 g fresh parsley leaves
- 50 g pitted black olives
- 400 g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp tomato purée
- 1 pinch dried chilli flakes (optional)
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 2 Tbsp pistachio nuts, unsalted, shelled, for sprinkling
- per 1 portion
- 2541 kJ / 608 kcal
- 13 g
- 58 g
- 33 g