Most of our recipes are easy. Some are a little more demanding: the ones rated medium or advanced. So you might want to allow some extra time.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 200 g Cheddar cheese, cut in pieces (2 cm)
- 375 g self-raising flour
- 80 g spelt flour
- 30 g unsalted butter, cold, diced, plus extra for serving
- 50 g rolled oats, plus 1 Tbsp for sprinkling
- 5 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves only
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 2 pinches ground black pepper
- 375 g buttermilk, plus 2 Tbsp for brushing
- coarse sea salt, for sprinkling
- per 1 piece
- 1905 kJ / 455 kcal
- 15 g
- 48 g
- 22 g