Most of our recipes are easy. Some are a little more demanding: the ones rated medium or advanced. So you might want to allow some extra time.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 200 g dried rice noodles, flat, medium
- water, boiling, for soaking
- 80 g roasted peanuts, unsalted,
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 fresh red chilli, deseeded if desired
- 6 sprigs fresh coriander, roots and stems, reserving leaves for garnishing
- 20 g olive oil, plus extra for greasing
- 1 ½ Tbsp fish sauce
- 40 g lime juice (approx. 2-3 limes)
- 1 Tbsp tamarind paste
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ tsp shrimp paste
- 3 tsp palm sugar (approx. 1 cm cube), grated
- 2 medium eggs
- 500 g water
- 350 g raw prawns, peeled
- 70 g fresh bean sprouts, for garnishing
- 10 fresh chives, finely chopped, for garnishing
- 3 Tbsp crispy, fried shallots, for garnishing
- 1 lime, cut in wedges, for serving
- per 1 portion
- 1480 kJ / 352 kcal
- 29 g
- 17.3 g
- 17.5 g