Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 450 g strong wholemeal bread flour
- 125 g strong white bread flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp fine sea salt
- 285 g buttermilk
- 130 g Guinness®
- 100 g treacle
- 20 g porridge oats
Smoked Trout Topping
- 150 g watercress
- 60 g olive oil
- 30 g cider vinegar
- 30 g honey
- ½ Tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 3 - 4 sprigs fresh dill, leaves only, to taste
- 200 g crème fraîche
- 2 tsp creamed horseradish
- 1 lemon, freshly squeezed juice only
- ¼ - ½ tsp fine sea salt, to taste
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 250 g smoked trout fillets, flaked
- per 1 portion
- 3212 kJ / 768 kcal
- 29 g
- 66 g
- 41 g