Most of our recipes are easy. Some are a little more demanding: the ones rated medium or advanced. So you might want to allow some extra time.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 110 g onions, quartered
- 100 g celery stalks, cut in pieces (3 cm)
- 30 g olive oil
- 6 slices smoked bacon (approx. 150 g), diced (1 cm)
- 150 g red lentils, rinsed
- 150 g split peas, soaked overnight and rinsed
- 400 g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 800 g water, boiling
- 1 chicken stock cube (for 0.5 l), crumbled
- 1 Tbsp tomato purée
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- 2 pinches ground black pepper, plus extra for sprinkling
- per 1 portion
- 1248 kJ / 297 kcal
- 17.2 g
- 31.2 g
- 10.3 g