Most of our recipes are easy. Some are a little more demanding: the ones rated medium or advanced. So you might want to allow some extra time.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 30 g extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 8 plum tomatoes, large, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced (optional)
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
- ½ tsp fine sea salt, plus extra for sprinkling and seasoning
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 1300 g water
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- ground black pepper, to taste
- per 1 portion
- 1954 kJ / 465 kcal
- 20.5 g
- 57.2 g
- 16 g