Most of our recipes are easy. Some are a little more demanding: the ones rated medium or advanced. So you might want to allow some extra time.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
Vanilla Sauce (Crème Anglaise)
- 450 g milk
- 6 egg yolks, from medium eggs
- 70 g sugar
- 15 g vanilla sugar, homemade
- 30 g sugar
- 6 egg whites, from medium eggs
- 1 pinch fine sea salt
- 30 g liquid caramel (see tip) (optional)
- 25 g pistachio nuts, unsalted, shelled, chopped (optional)
- per 1 portion
- 887 kJ / 212 kcal
- 10 g
- 23 g
- 9 g