This recipe is made specially for Thermomix® TM5 and Thermomix® TM6. Please do not use it for earlier Thermomix® models, as they have different maximum capacities.
Seared Sesame Steaks with Ginger Chopped Salad and Lime Couscous
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 50 g toasted sesame seeds (see tip)
- 30 g groundnut oil
Couscous and Chopped Salad
- 180 g couscous
- 220 g boiling water
- 2 limes, thin peelings of skin and 20-30 g juice to taste
- 10 sprigs fresh coriander, cut in pieces
- 80 g extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- 2 pinches ground black pepper, plus ½ tsp
- 5 - 10 g fresh root ginger, peeled, cut in round slices (2 mm), to taste
- 100 g cashew nuts
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 courgette (approx. 200 g), cut in pieces (2-3 cm)
- 1 red pepper (approx. 145 g), quartered
- ½ white cabbage (approx. 300 g), cored, cut in pieces (2-3 cm)
- 40 g toasted sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp groundnut oil
- 2 sirloin steaks (approx. 170 g each), fat removed
- 4 pinches fine sea salt, or to taste
- 2 pinches ground black pepper, or to taste
- per 1 portion
- 3601 kJ / 866 kcal
- 38 g
- 41 g
- 59 g