Most of our recipes are easy. Some are a little more demanding: the ones rated medium or advanced. So you might want to allow some extra time.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 20 - 40 g unsalted butter, to taste, plus extra for greasing
- 420 g ciabatta bread, sliced (1.5 cm)
- 100 g Parmesan cheese, cut in pieces (2 cm)
- 100 g Cheddar cheese, cut in pieces (2 cm)
- 3 garlic cloves
- ½ long red chilli, halved, deseeded if preferred (optional)
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 20 g extra virgin olive oil
- 100 g red peppers, deseeded, quartered
- 120 g Parma ham, cut in strips (1-2 cm)
- 2 tomatoes, deseeded, cut in slices (0.5-1 cm)
- 2 pinches ground cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp fine sea salt, or to taste
- 6 medium eggs
- 70 g milk
- per 1 portion
- 1802 kJ / 429 kcal
- 25 g
- 31 g
- 23 g