Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 3 fresh portobello mushrooms
- olive oil, for brushing
- 1 ½ tsp tamari
- 1200 g water
- 250 g brown short grain rice, rinsed well
- 2 Tbsp brown rice vinegar
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- 1 garlic clove
- 20 g fresh root ginger, peeled, cut in round slices (2 mm)
- 1 spring onion, cut in pieces
- 80 g tamari
- ½ tsp brown sugar
- 1 fresh red chilli, halved, deseeded
- 4 nori seaweed sheets
- 2 Tbsp black sesame seeds
- 4 tsp mayonnaise (kewpie)
- 4 spring onions, sliced in half lengthways
- 1 fresh red chilli, cut lengthways in 8 slices
- per 1 piece
- 156 kJ / 37 kcal
- 1.2 g
- 5.5 g
- 0.9 g