Most of our recipes are easy. Some are a little more demanding: the ones rated medium or advanced. So you might want to allow some extra time.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 2 red onions, cut in wedges
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, plus extra for greasing
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinch dried chilli flakes
- 2 - 3 roasted red peppers, preserved, cut in strips (1 cm)
- 10 - 12 pitted black olives
- 5 - 6 tinned anchovy fillets (optional)
- 1 Tbsp pickled capers, drained
- 20 g Parmesan cheese, cut in pieces (2 cm)
- 150 g polenta
- 40 g plain flour
- 1 ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp soft brown sugar
- ½ tsp fine sea salt, plus extra to taste
- 2 medium eggs
- 120 g milk
- 45 g groundnut oil
- 15 g unsalted butter, melted
- per 1 portion
- 1895 kJ / 454 kcal
- 12 g
- 44 g
- 25 g