Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 100 g red onions, quartered
- 20 g olive oil
- 2 Tbsp sultanas
- 200 g preserved red peppers, cut in pieces
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 2 tsp dried fennel seeds
- 1 pinch dried mint
- 300 g basmati rice, rinsed
- 700 g water, boiling, plus extra for soaking
- 1 fish stock cube (for 0.5 l), crumbled
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 200 g tinned sardines in oil, drained (2 x 120 g tins)
- 200 g frozen green peas
- fine sea salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- lemon juice, to taste
- flaked almonds, toasted, for sprinkling
- per 1 portion
- 2157 kJ / 512 kcal
- 21 g
- 74 g
- 14 g