Most of our recipes are easy. Some are a little more demanding: the ones rated medium or advanced. So you might want to allow some extra time.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 3 heaped tsp cumin seeds
- 4 heaped tsp coriander seeds
- 1 ½ tsp fine sea salt
- 30 g fresh coriander, plus extra to garnish
- 50 g fresh coconut, cut in pieces (2-3 cm) (optional)
- 80 g unsalted butter, diced
- 300 g onions, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ - ¾ tsp cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1000 - 1200 g pumpkin, deseeded, cut in 8 pieces with skin on
- 300 g dried green lentils, or brown or Puy
- 1000 g water
- 250 - 300 g roasted red peppers, preserved, roughly diced (1-2 cm)
- 130 g crème fraîche (optional)
- per 1 portion
- 1504 kJ / 358 kcal
- 13 g
- 33 g
- 17 g