Most of our recipes are easy. Some are a little more demanding: the ones rated medium or advanced. So you might want to allow some extra time.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 2 tsp caraway seeds
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 ½ tsp fine sea salt
- 3 garlic cloves
- ½ - 1 long red chilli, halved, deseeded if desired, to taste
- 2 onions (approx.150 g), quartered
- 40 g olive oil
- 800 g tinned chopped tomatoes (2 x 400 g tins)
- 30 g tomato purée
- 20 g honey
- 20 g red wine vinegar
- 30 g fresh spinach leaves (e.g. or kale, Swiss chard), roughly torn
- 3 - 4 fresh basil leaves, roughly torn, to taste
- 8 medium eggs
- 80 - 100 g feta cheese, crumbled, to taste
- crusty bread, to serve
- per 1 portion
- 2002 kJ / 477 kcal
- 26 g
- 28 g
- 28 g