Most of our recipes are easy. Some are a little more demanding: the ones rated medium or advanced. So you might want to allow some extra time.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 5 g fresh mint leaves
- 5 g fresh coriander leaves
- 500 g lamb meat, lean, diced (2-3 cm)
- 2 Tbsp garam masala
- 150 g onions, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves
- 30 g vegetable oil, plus 2 Tbsp for frying
- 200 g butternut squash, peeled, diced (2-3 cm)
- 150 g red split lentils, rinsed
- 20 g rogan josh curry paste (or other Indian curry paste)
- 15 g tamarind paste
- 25 g caster sugar
- 500 g water, hot
- 1 vegetable stock cube (for 0.5 l)
- ½ tsp fine sea salt, or to taste
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper, or to taste
- 30 g lemon juice
- per 1 portion
- 2096 kJ / 501 kcal
- 36.9 g
- 41.5 g
- 20.8 g