Most of our recipes are easy. Some are a little more demanding: the ones rated medium or advanced. So you might want to allow some extra time.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 400 g dried mixed fruit (see tip)
- 120 g brown sugar
- 125 g unsalted butter, diced, plus extra for greasing
- 115 g water
- 115 g brandy, plus optional 2 Tbsp
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp ground mixed spice
- 1 medium egg
- 130 g self-raising flour
- 130 g plain flour
- 70 g almonds, mixture of blanched and skin on
- per 1 slice
- 1398 kJ / 334 kcal
- 5 g
- 50 g
- 13 g