Most of our recipes are easy. Some are a little more demanding: the ones rated medium or advanced. So you might want to allow some extra time.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 250 g frozen pitted dark cherries
- 250 g tinned pitted black cherries, in syrup, drained, syrup reserved (1 x 425 g tin)
- 50 g water
- 1 Tbsp golden caster sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1 Tbsp cornflour, mixed with 2 Tbsp water
Chocolate Swiss Roll
- 4 large eggs
- 100 g golden caster sugar, plus 1 Tbsp for sprinkling
- 80 g self-raising flour
- 20 g cocoa powder (preferably dark)
- 1 pinch fine sea salt
- 180 g milk chocolate, small pieces or callets
- 500 g milk
- 100 g golden caster sugar
- 20 g cornflour
- 2 large eggs
- 20 g unsalted butter (see tip) (optional)
- 40 g Kirsch (cherry brandy) (optional)
- 300 g double cream
- per 1 portion
- 2465 kJ / 590 kcal
- 11.8 g
- 60.8 g
- 32.2 g