Most of our recipes are easy. Some are a little more demanding: the ones rated medium or advanced. So you might want to allow some extra time.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 150 g sweet potato, diced (2-3 cm)
- 480 g water
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 225 g cornmeal, medium, plus extra for dusting
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 225 g buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp honey
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- ⅛ tsp ground cumin
- ⅛ tsp ground white pepper
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- per 1 portion
- 1029 kJ / 246 kcal
- 6 g
- 44 g
- 5 g