Most of our recipes are easy. Some are a little more demanding: the ones rated medium or advanced. So you might want to allow some extra time.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 30 g red split lentils
- ½ lemon, thin peelings of skin only
- 2 cm fresh root ginger, peeled, cut in round slices (2 mm)
- 300 g carrots, cut in pieces (3-4 cm)
- 50 g onions, quartered
- 50 g unsalted butter, diced
- 1 vegetable stock cube (for 0.5 l), crumbled
- 500 g water
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 sprigs fresh coriander, leaves only, plus extra roughly chopped for serving
- 100 g milk
- per 1 portion
- 654 kJ / 156 kcal
- 2.4 g
- 10.7 g
- 11.5 g